Superior Inca Trail – 4 Days
View Peru Advantages
Our Superior Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour include all the services than the others and our Extra Fine Services at an Incredible Price, What does all of this mean? It means you simply get more for your money with View Peru.
- First Class Vistadome Train Included
- Hot shower every day during the trek.
- Fully Private Tours
- Modern and comfortable trekking and camping equipment.
- complete Amenities during the trek
- We offer you very high-quality services.
- We are highly recommended on Trip Advisor
- Assistance 24/7 since the moment you book with us.
- You’ll have an escort who will make sure you’ll have a memorable trip to Peru!
- All transfers, and tours with English speaking guides,
- Domestic transportation and entrance fees and all the services included below
- We have the best prices on every trip,
- We offer tours fully customizable
INCA TRAIL SUPERIOR TREKKING TOUR
4 Days / 3 Nights
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Km 82 – Wayllabamba (L, D)
You will be picked up and greeted by a language of your choice tour guide from the superior hotel of your choice, after having had your first early morning Cusco breakfast at around 5:30 am, your private transport along with the tour guide will take you to the town of Ollantaytambo, a quaint village with narrow cobblestone streets that has been continuously inhabited since the 13th century and it´s located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where we will make a point of stopping by to appreciate the surrounding areas and to get any last minute supplies, snacks or whatever else that ticks your interest just prior to embarking on the trek. You will continue on your way to Km 82–the official beginning of the famous Inca Trail, where the porter(s) and the support staff along with all the camping equipment will be coming alongside in a different vehicle in the beginning of what will be a memorable experience for you.
Once you cross the Urubamba River (2,200 m), you will then have officially started your trek on the ancient steps of the Incas. Special walking sticks will be provided to help you hike along the way. Your private tour guide will teach the right technique on how to use it to ensure your knees are perfectly well taken care of. You will hike past the village of Miskay to shortly arrive at Patallacta, where you will lunch your way in luxury on its small river bank. There are ruins by the same name which are open to your visit. Soon after that, you will retake the hike towards the village of Wayllabamba (3,100m), where you will find your evening’s luxury campsite. Prior to dining, a relaxing massage therapy session would be ready at the massage tent for an aromatic organic oil massage for your muscle and mind pleasure. Once you are feeling heavenly relaxed, you would have the chance to shower with hot water and get ready to lounge into the dining tent for a tasty standard dinner prepared by some of the best chefs on the trail and served by our well-trained campsite waiter. This will be the end of first evening experience for you to cool down in your comfortable tent amongst the tranquil mountain surroundings.
Day 2: Wayllabamba – Llulluchapampa – Warmihuañusca Pass – Pacaymayu (B, L, D)
After breakfast, our hike will be towards Ayapata Valley. About an hour surrounded by highland terrain of snow peaked mountains, but suddenly as gradually going uphill, you´ll be walking into a forest with bushes along a crystal water stream for us to continue for other 2 to 3 hours resting periodically in several locations so you can catch your breath and arrive at our second resting place by the name of Lluchapampa, a place with spectacular sights around, especially vegetation called Alpine Humid Forest as it lasts most of this part of the trek. We will trek uphill rather abruptly through the valley. From here we can already appreciate the mountain summit of Warmiwañusca (aka Death Woman´s Pass). After that, we will continue our hike for 2-3 hours longer hiking up to 600m reaching the mountain´s summit of Warmiwañusca, located at 4,200 me/13,776 ft.
The trail goes up by a long set of stairs, some recently laid out to protect the mountains from erosion. Here you can walk at your own pace, stopping whenever you feel like. This last stretch will be a little hard yet very soon to find yourself meeting the rest of your trekking group up at the top log the mountain summit of the famous Warmiwañusca Pass. We will all then start descending to the Pacaymayo Valley, sweet way for 2-3 hours downhill and step to arrive at our campsite for the evening.
Day 3: Pacaymayo, Chaquicocha – Phuyupatamarca – (B, L, D)
Get up, have a great hot shower after a well-deserved deep sleep, your hearty breakfast and be alert as your way is uphill on a wheel preserved paved trail to make our way to to the ruins of Runcuracay, a circular structure with external rectangular buildings located at the extreme end of the valley, an old Inca structure. About an hour later, we get to second pass, an ample platform of exceptional sights. From here, most of the Inca trail is seen downhill, surely a stunning view. Once descended as passing through a small tunnel, the path starts getting narrow and in tight zigzag shape, going rapidly downhill until we reach a small overlook set on top of a hill. Furthermore, the descent is much more gradual and the way winds and coils through the hillside. To the right, you´ll find a long lake covered in algae and right in front of you, the visibly impressive Inca village of Sayacmarca.
After all your guide´s explanations to descend, as you do, you´ll find Chakicocha Campsite, of course, our well-organized personnel will be awaiting with the standard lunch for you to enjoy as well our masseur waiting, perhaps a hot shower?. After your lunch and once you are ready for more, to say the least and if you think you´ve seen plenty, wait ´til you see the impressive beauty when you´ll be passing by an original yet amazingly well-preserved Inca Trail with breathtaking, overwhelming sights of the valleys and mountains all which will take you stunned to your Phuyupatamarca next official campsite. We suggest you take advantage of our deluxe comfort muscle massage therapy session prior to your fabulous standard dinner served in our dinner tent, we also would suggest for you to enjoy a sip or two or champagne and toast for that wonderful special energy that the ancient Inca land provides you off.
Day 4: Phuyupatamarca, Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu –Cusco (B, L)
Today you will wake up very early to witness the amazing sunrise over Machu Picchu. You will have your last breakfast on the trail at 4:30 am then we will hike downhill going by Wiñayhuayna and Intipata going through different microclimates and out of this world sights as this stretch of the trail had been carefully built using granite stones, still in amazing shape after several centuries. Today the excursion is done from a lower altitude level which can also be somewhat refreshing, we are sure…considering Wiñahuayna is at 2,700m/856ft. Once passed the rather quick tourist control booth you´ll be reaching the Sun Gate or Intipunku, masters the panoramic site of Machu Picchu. You will arrive at the ruins at about 8:00 am (depending on your starting time) where you will have a fully private tour of the amazing Lost City of the Incas that will last around two hours. When the tour is over you will have time to explore the ruins on your own before returning down to Aguas Calientes.
Buffet Lunch Included at the Sanctuary Lodge Hotel
After the tour, you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to catch your Vistadome train on your way back to Cusco. Upon arrival back in Cusco, you will be picked up at the train station and transferred back to your luxury hotel for the night.
Optionally: you can stay in Aguas Calientes for one more night at an extra cost and explore Machu Picchu for a second time the next day. Please ask for more details.
End of our services.
OUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 2 nights at luxury camping. 1 at hotel
- VistaDome train tickets to Cusco.
- Massage Session during 3 nights on the Inca trail.
- Hot Shower during the Inca trail
- Bath and hand Towels per person
- Air bed for camping
- Sleeping bags
- Walking sticks
- Duffle bags
- All entrance fees and permits
- All overland private transfers indicated
- Private porter during the trail for your personal staff.
- Fully trained goalkeepers from local communities.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Deluxe Inca Trail from start to finish.
- Modern trekking and camping equipment.
- Meals indicated: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, snacks
- All meals cooked on the spot with fresh ingredients by our trained chef.
- English-speaking guides with knowledge of archaeological sites along the Inca Trail.
- All transfers and excursions as per itinerary in private service with English speaking guide
- Meals during the Trek (3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners). Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat, rice, and all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leafs tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Porters to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock).
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kits
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu ruins to Aguas Calientes
- Wine and Champagne on your last camp night
- Hotel crockery.
- Travel Insurance
OUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee to Huaynapicchu mountain (subject to availability)
- Meals not noted
Price per person based according to the party size, in US dollars valid for all 2015 and January 2016.
|Party Size||1 Person||2 People||Up to 3 People|
|Price Per Person||$3726.00||$1942.00||$1824.00|
If you wish Hotels Nights, Flights, extra Tours in Peru and Bolivia, are bookable by View Peru, please let us know.